Helping protect your identity while browsing online
- Display a custom webpage when there is an error; something that is actually helpful
to the user (we already bypass the privoxy error page)
- Foxtor needs proper localization
- Backward compatibility with Firefox 1.0.x (maybe)
- Appears to be a bug when locking "network.proxy.type". hmmm how to overcome.
- Ability for the user to customize the foxtor icon. This is a good design practice
and Cynthia made a bunch of super icons that shouldn't go to waste.
- fixed support for Firefox 2.0.0.*
- support for Firefox 2.0
- Added Collin Jackson's history blocker code: It's a wrapper around the browser's
history that bypasses the real history when masked. When active, it prevents both reading and writing into the history, so visited links render as unvisited, and
new pages don't show up in the history. Because it protects history within a
single browser session, and disables visited link coloring, this protection is
more powerful than the preferences-based approach currently used FoxTor. In
particular, it ensures that websites you visit while masked cannot use CSS and/or
- Geographic information now comes from vidalia-project.net. Thanks Matt! This is a
big deal, because it makes changing to masked state much quicker, and (I think) more
- Foxtor, now with 2 Cookie Jars!: When becoming unmasked, cookies are set per normal.
When masked, unmasked cookie jar is saved and new cookie jar is created. When
becoming unmasked, masked cookie jar is destroyed and unmasked cookie jar is
restored! Thanks to Collin Jackson for this code.
- Added the ability to reset masked and unmasked settings to their original value
(just in case people muck up the settings and don't know what to fix).
- "More Information" page now automatically displays masked and unmasked geoIP
information. No more "Get Details" button.
- Simplified status bar and popup menu, that tries to be informative when an error
occurs. e.g. "Can't connet. Is Privoxy running?"
- First release
- Thanks to Roger Dingledine for Tor
- Thanks to Matt Edmann and the vidalia folks for their suggestions
- Thanks to Collin Jackson for his Cookie and History work
- Thanks to Mel Reyes for his great book on Hacking Firefox
- Thanks to Cynthia Kuo for her great UI and image work
- Thanks to the CMU CUPS folks for the initial FoxTor design
- Thanks to Kok-Chie Daniel Pu for his great ideas