05-436 / 05-836 / 08-534 / 08-734 Usable Privacy and Security
Print your homework out and submit it in person at the start of class (3:00pm) on Thursday, March 20th. Homework will not be accepted after 3:05pm on that day.
- Part 1 (50 points): Write a 3--7 sentence summary and short "highlight" for each of the readings assigned for March 18th and March 20th. Students taking the 12-unit version of this class must also submit a summary and highlight for one of the optional readings from either of those days.
- Part 2 (50 points): For the last homework, you designed a privacy notice for smartphones. This week, define a privacy task or decision that could be completed using this notice. Then, follow the instructions in this article (and what Lorrie mentioned in class) to use this paper prototype to test your interface. Have two people complete the privacy task you defined using your paper prototype. You should turn in:
- One sentence describing the task you had your two participants do.
- One paragraph describing what you learned from your prototyping.
- One paragraph describing how you would modify your interface if you were to redesign it. (Note: you are not required to redraw the interface, but you are welcome to do so if you really want to)